Layout is the placement of individual elements on a document page. Distinguish several types of layout:
- The layout of the web documents;
- Newspaper and magazine;
Why you need a layout?
When it comes to the Internet space, we are interested in the layout of the web pages. To understand the main points, let’s consider the stages of creating a web page.
- First create the design layout. Drawn all the pages of the future website and all of its elements. The result is a rough version of the site, but on paper.
- Created the layout next, you need to display in the browser. In this case, all elements must perform their function. It is at this stage and need the layout. With the help of html web designer creates documents that are recognized by the browser and displayed in the usual form of the web page.
Methods of layout.
For the layout of web pages is used in two ways:
1. Tabular layout was previously considered the main. The main feature of this method of layout in its simplicity of execution. The disadvantage was the cumbersome structure, which significantly increases the code size (compared to block).
2. Block layout is most often used by designers. Its main advantage is the concept of semantic markup or separation of design and content.
And the result is the same: