There are a few typical situations when the display of weather on the website is really useful. For example, if you have a travel site, resorts, country club or any outdoor events — visitors will appreciate the opportunity to look at the weather forecast right on your website without going to third-party weather sites.
Before searching for a WordPress plugin to show weather forecast think about these questions:
- How to design weather widget fits into your current website design? A weather-plug-ins allow you to configure and customize the widget for your basic design, but some plugins do not have this.
- Does the weather plugin connect to third-party service to download information? Some plugins require the support of the . Until April 2017, this service is provided free API, but now need a paid subscription.
- Where you place the widget showing the weather? There are lots of options. Some plugins give the option to place a widget only in a fixed area of the widgets provided by the theme, while others provide a shortcode you can add to any post or page of your website.
Take a look at our selection of the 7 plugins to display weather forecast on WordPress. Sure, you’ll find a suitable option.
Astero WordPress Weather Plugin includes almost everything you could need from a weather forecast. Clean design, fine lines, several options in size and style and a good range of options. Your weather will look fine, even if the weather promises to be Sunny.
- HTML5 geolocation
- 600+ Google fonts
- fully responsive design
- local cache
- normal or fullscreen mode
- support static background image, HTML5 video or YouTube
The plugin takes the weather summary serviceand .
Astero WordPress Weather Plugin is, in our opinion, the most functional and stylish solution for weather on WordPress.
2. City Weather
If you are looking for a weather plugin with a beautiful design that shows weather only for a given advance of the region, the City Weather for WordPress is a great option. The plugin also can be easily configured and customized to fit any website design.
- 2 widget sizes: wide and narrow
- support background of any color or pictures
- fully responsive
3. aWeather Forecast
aWeather Forecast is one of the most attractive and unusual weather plugins. Includes a set of animated icons and interface elements, a rich color palette. All this makes the process of displaying the weather spectacular design element of your website.
- for each weather situation there is a icon with animation
- the data display for wind speed, pressure, humidity, etc.
- 700 Google fonts
- display the data in Fahrenheit, Celsius, Kelvin
- 18 animations of icons
4. Simple Weather
Feature of Simple Weather — it support shortcodes. So you can place the widget with the weather not only in the widget area of your theme, but in any record or page by inserting the shortcode.
- support shortcodes
- forecast for 7 days ahead
- location by GPS coordinates or the name of the region
- managing weather refresh interval
- temperature display for day and night