A backup is a copy of the site. For sites that are constantly developing is not desirable and it is necessary to remember about backup. This ensures that in the event of unpleasant moments on the server, you will not lose your site and a copy will help you to restore it. Today the article will tell you how to make a backup backup of the site on WordPress.
First, let’s understand what is a backup? If we turn to the English value, then the acronym stands for, as a backup copy – backup. What is it doing? There is not much need to go deep, as each owner of a site or blog understands what it is – so as not to lose the website. If we in everyday life do copies of documents, why not make the database backup of a web resource on WordPress? For example, you have any problems with the hard drive and it contains all the information of your site, you can restore it from the cloud. Here it is backup of your WordPress site!
Features backup WordPress
Backup for WordPress has multiple features.
The first is understanding how often should to do a backup of a web resource? The exact answer to this question is not yet found. It all depends on the refresh rate of your website.
For example, you have a small website and not update it at all or very rarely. For such cases, it is sufficient to do the backup only once, after creating the site. In the future, this should be done any updates.
If you are the owner of a news site, then the information resource you have added every day and several times a day. So a backup will have to do several times a day. To avoid confusion in backups, it is recommended to make a schedule create a new backup.
In addition to the frequency of the backup will have to determine the place of its storage, but more on that later.
If you understand backup as the creation of one backup copy, you are wrong. A classic mistake is to replace one backup the other. Why? Assume that your original copy is preserved with errors. You may not even be aware of this and discover them after some time. Here is where the previous copy of the file. So the rule is to have multiple backups of your site database.
With these important points we understood, we further analyze backup of your WordPress site.
How to make a backup of the site?
- First you need to copy the WordPress files. How to find them? All website files located on your server. Copy connects to the site via FTP and download them. We have a client coming in FileZilla.
Important!To copy information from the website, you can also using the control panel.
If the database backup should be regularly copied, the files do not require such attention. If you haven’t made a copy of the files, it has to be done to manually update WordPress. In the future will be enough to make a copy one folder uploads, located in the wp-content . Actually it is in this folder and stored image, and other downloadable to your resource files.
- The next step is creating a backup of the site database. We’ll look at how to backup WordPress site using the app. Go into it and select the site database in the left column. The result of this action on the right, in content part, you should see all the database tables the web resource.
- Next, open the tab Export in the top tables.
- Click OK and see how the process of creating backup data. By default you are offered to download files with sql file extension.
If your database is very large, it is recommended to download the backup copy. Note not Fast, but Normal export method. In settings, under Compression choose zip.
As a result, you will receive a backup of the database for WordPress.
We considered a manual method of creating a backup of site data. But he has the ability to automate this whole process. How? Of course using the plugin to backup WordPress.
How to backup WordPress site using the plugin?
In fact plugins such action of the weight, but today I will focus on WP-DB-Backup. Let us examine the basic steps of creating a backup using the plugin.
- First install the WP-DB-Backup. Open the Plugins-Add new and find the right WP-DB-Backup.
- Install it and activate. After installation, in menu Tools, will appear new feature Backup. Go there.
All the settings are divided into three groups:
- Table. Here shows all the tables that will be saved. If necessary, you can mark spamovye table of posts and comments that you want to exclude from backupa. This may greatly reduce the backup size.
- The backup settings are responsible for creating the archive manually. Click to Create an archive and to start the process of creating a backup. By default, you are prompted to save the archive on your computer. If you want to get a copy in the mail, then select Send by email.
- The third group of tinctures are the most interesting. She is schedule to backupa. This is very useful, as there is a chance to forget that it’s time to make a backup. But no need to worry, as now it will be done automatically. Select the appropriate schedule and save settings.
That’s all. Then the plugin itself will deal with the issue of when and how to make backup of WordPress.
How to restore from a backup on WordPress?
- Before downloading the backup, remove the old one. To do this on the host, select your database and go to phpMyAdmin.
- Left mouse button click on the name of the database (not the plus).
- Allocated Mark all in the list on the right find Remove. Settings click Yes.
- We deleted the database.
- Now you need to load a backup of the data. Go Tools— Import and click Choose file. Next, specify the path where to find the backup files to load and confirm the action by clicking OK.
If all went well, you receive the following notification:
Backup, it also backups are necessary for everyone who has a website, blog or page. The only way to restore everything in the event of server problems or other unpredictable situations. In the procedure for creating backup on WordPress there is nothing complex and not well understood. The main thing that any user, even novice users are able to perform several operations to automatically save a backup using the plugin.